Tuesday, May 10, 2011

For Goodness Saké

I have mixed feelings about sake. I've had some delicious sake (both hot and cold), and a sake bomb (or 5 or 6) may have fueled a fun night or 2 in my distant and not so distant past. But given a choice, I'll always choose a sancerre over sake. Always. Or so I thought.

About a week and a half ago, I was approached by SKII skincare to participate in an advertorial shoot they're doing with Harper's Bazaar. I have to admit I was a little skeptical. I'm pretty bare bones (read lazy) in my skin-care routine. But as I just turned 35 last week and have started to detect some unflattering signs of aging on my face (increased discoloration, dry skin and 'gasp' wrinkles!), I thought I would give it a try.

I filled out an online questionnaire and 3 products magically appeared on my desk a few days later. SKII's signature ingredient, Pitera, was discovered in the fermentation process in sake brewing (were you wondering how I was going to tie back the sake intro?). Of the products I've been trying, the Facial Treatment Essence is the one I think everyone should go out and buy. The skin on my face and hands are noticeably smoother after just 1 week's use. It's really pretty genius.

What my skin will look like after a few more weeks

Sake Bombed



No comments:

Post a Comment